Sunday, November 9, 2008

Holland <3 <3 <3

I absolutely love Holland. Love love love it. Holland > Russia. We just got here yesterday and I am so excited for this tour!
Firstly, I am on the internet!! Our venue has free wifi! How amazing! So I don't have to disappear into nothingness for weeks like I did in Russia. Secondly, The stage is absolutely perfect. Flat, with some give and giant. The venue has working toilets that aren't holes in the ground, like one of our venues in Russia did. We're in a hotel with normal water that isn't rusty, yellow, and smell funny. We have HOT food -- salmon, pasta, veggies, rice, potatoes and a refrigerator full of cold drinks for catering. Everybody speaks english. And my favorite part, two physical therapists waiting to fix whatever ailment we might have. I had a gorgeous back massage before the matinée and I'm about to go get my shinsplints sorted out.
Ackk!! I LOVE Holland!!!!

Today was made even better by the fact that Damien's family surprised us by coming to the show! Nobody had any idea that they were coming, but then they showed up backstage after the show! It was so exciting to have someone you know watching the show. Their not even my parents, but I was elated! It's funny because I asked them at dinner when I was at their house if they were going to come see the show because Holland is so close, and they were like 'nah.' They're so tricky! I love it!

Also, the professional basketball team we met in Moscow is coming to tonight's show, fingers crossed.

Holland is the best! Off to Denmark tomorrow, which should be equally awesome.

Love,
Laura

5 comments:

Shan said...

i am loving this flurry of updates O_o
LOL at the hole in the ground toilets. If our India trip happens next year, you'll be prepared!

Sharon said...

Like Shan said, I am digging these updates. Holland sounds amazing. I'm so happy for you every time I read your posts (but I miss you so much too!)

Susan said...

have det sjovt i danmark (have fun in denmark)

グウィニー said...

Yeah, you get those basketball guys ;)

Isn't it nice when you go from disgusting water to lovely hot, clean, clear water? Gotta love some of the luxuries we have =]

auds said...

loving updates. (echoing above) i miss you tons, but sounds like you're having the time of your life. :) <3 ya! <3 audzooks
p.s. about toilets... wait till you get to china. the toilets there are quite interesting.